How to find the best law firm and Top Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawyers in San Jose, CA California for Mesothelioma lawsuit?
Unfortunately, if you are suffering from mesothelioma and looking for mesothelioma law firms or mesothelioma Lawyers in San Jose California you need to be careful while hiring them. Many law firms found involved in malpractice and fraud.
There are 5 key points which must be considered while evaluating a law firm.
- Should have High ratings from the independent lawyers rating agencies
- Achieved Awards from reputed legal & consumer organizations
- Long Experience in asbestos related illness
- Excellent Resources to handle case successfully
- Successful Mesothelioma trial track record
- National Wide Presence: Most of the companies which sold the asbestos-containing products or where you exposed to asbestos are large companies you must choose national level law firms to fight with them.
- Exclusivity to Mesothelioma Asbestos related illness: While choosing a mesothelioma attorney or law firm you must careful to hire mesothelioma law firm in San Jose which are handled exclusively Mesothelioma cases. It better to hire a law firm and the mesothelioma lawyers with expertise and years of experience in Mesothelioma cases.
- Does the Mesothelioma law firm have a successful trial record?: A successful trial record is very important to your case also. Successful trail record means that the mesothelioma law firm and the mesothelioma attorney have the required resources, expertise, skill and years of experience. It will improve your chance of winning the court case or the settlement.
- Does your mesothelioma lawyers prepare and submits the case to trust funds for individual case review: It is very important to submit your case for individual reviews; many mesothelioma law firms do not follow this procedure. For a successful claim and maximize the value it is very important. There are around 60 asbestos trust funds with $25 billion fund mesothelioma victims.
Get the legal help in determining your mesothelioma claim value with the Top Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawyers in San Jose, CA California.
Asbestos and Mesothelioma Lawsuits: What to Expect from the lawsuit
Unfortunately, if you’ve been exposed to a substance called asbestos in the past and now been diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer; you have the legal rights to obtain compensation. Mesothelioma victims can file a lawsuit with the help of mesothelioma attorney in San Jose for the health damages. The victim can sue the responsible company that manufactured or used asbestos.
In case the company has long since closed, sold out, or gone bankrupt you can still get financial compensation from the asbestos victims’ trust funds. Your mesothelioma lawyer in San Jose can suggest you the best legal options for you.
What is Time frame to file a Mesothelioma Lawsuit?
Mesothelioma cancer takes 10 to 40 years to develop after the exposure to asbestos. US state laws allow one to five years (different states have different time frame) after the diagnosis to file the mesothelioma lawsuit. In case a mesothelioma patient has already passed away, his or her spouse or dependent have I to 3 years from the date of death to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Consult top mesothelioma attorney in San Jose California to know more about the time frame to file a lawsuit.
How Long Does an Asbestos or Mesothelioma Case Take?
It has been seen most of the asbestos cases are settled out of court. Most Mesothelioma lawsuit never reaches to the jury because parties agree outside of court. Your mesothelioma attorney in San Jose can give you time period. If your mesothelioma lawyer has good skill and experience you may get your compensation money in less than a year from the date your lawsuit is filed.
Every case is unique the time period depends on the case and victims condition. If the case goes to trial it can take 2 years or more.
How Much award money Can I Recover?
It is hard to estimate compensation amount some cases jury awards in the millions there are many factors play role in award compensation amounts such as lost wages due to the asbestos-related illness, medical expenses, the degree of the patient’s pain and suffering. San Jose Mesothelioma Lawyer after reviewing your case may give you the rough idea of the compensation.
In out of court settlement compensation money recovered tends to be significantly less than jury award but the jury trial may take many years, whereas settlements can often take a year or less.
It has been seen many mesothelioma asbestos-related cases result in $1 million to $5 million or more award money.
But remember after deducting mesothelioma attorneys’ fees, medical expenses and court etc. victims often get around two-thirds of these award amounts.
How Do I Pay My Asbestos Lawyer?
Generally all mesothelioma lawyers including San Jose mesothelioma asbestos lawyer fight case on contingency fee basis. It means San Jose mesothelioma lawyer charges no fees up front for the lawsuit; they charge a percentage of the final settlement amount you receive after the court judgment or settlement.
A typical contingency fee charged by San Jose mesothelioma attorney is around 25% to 40% of the total money you recover as damages.
The exact award money depends on many factors, including whether a asbestos trust fund places a cap on contingency fees (some it can’t be more than 25%), whether you agree to settle out of court or you want to go for trial, mesothelioma lawyer’s willingness to fight your case (mesothelioma asbestos attorney only take those cases which they believe they are certain to win)